Storing your car can be a challenge. What do you need to know for long term storage? Fairless Hills Self Storage has tips for car storage Fairless Hills PA can use. We know some of you are packing away the family RV and pulling the boat out of the water, so we came up with a list of suggestions to get your started.
Car storage tips for the winter
- After cleaning your car, a fitted cover will keep your hard work until spring.
- Using the parking brake while sitting for a few months can cause the brakes to fuse together; use a wheel chock instead.
- Keep critters away from your car in storage by sealing all openings, including the tailpipe.
- Flat spots are common after a few weeks of sitting but they can be prevented with a extra air in the tires and putting your car on jacks.
- Do not let your insurance or registration laps while in storage.
- It is common for wipers to get stuck to the windshield during the winter, so remove these before the first frost.
Even though our storage facility in Fairless Hills PA does not offer outdoor parking spaces, we can help you store your seasonal items. Your sporting equipment, clothing, and more are all safe in our temperature controlled storage units or drive up self storage. Use these tips to start storing your car or RV and talk with us when you home or business could utilize our Fairless Hills PA storage units.
Need storage for your seasonal belongings? Fairless Hills Self Storage has temperature controlled storage units so fluctuating degrees will not be an issue. Our outdoor storage units are great for the grill or lawn mower. We want to help you find self storage in Fairless Hills PA that fits your budgets and items. Give us a call today or start renting online!